background

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finding joy in the little things...


So tonight, when I was putting Ola to sleep, he was laying next to me and I, for some reason, started staring at his ear. Now, there is nothing special about Ola's ear, aside from the fact that its his. But laying there, looking at this tiny little ear on my precious son, I was amazed at how perfectly beautiful it was (Just to clarify, I do not have any sort of ear obsession).

There are so many things in this world that are amazing, but I am continually impressed by the joy I find in simple things. Like the perfection that I can find in my child. Granted, he is not perfect, but the love that I have for him is. I can be utterly exhausted and grumpy, but he can almost always change my day. Like the way he smiles a little half smile in his sleep. Or how his plump little hand brushes back and forth when he's tired. Even the way he puffs out his bottom lip right before he's going to start his "sad" cry. And tonight, looking at his perfect little ear, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the simple blessings I have. I am so grateful to be a mother and a wife, and I am grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with Aho and Ola. And more than that, I am truly grateful that he made it possible for us to understand and to have joy...even if it is in something as silly and simple as a baby's ear.

1 comment:

Laurabee said...

so cute!! Tiny everything's are cute!! Especially when they're not trying to fling their tiny everything's on the floor.