background

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thanksgiving in Vegas

Two years ago, my family decided to spend Thanksgiving in Vegas. Mom, Dad, Aho, Me, my brother Kai, and his girlfriend Vicky all went up for the Thanksgiving break. My mom's brother, Uncle Paul, and his wife Susan also met us there. That trip ended up being a bust, since almost everyone (except lucky little me) got sick. Mom was sick in bed all Thanksgiving day, and Aho was sick in bed on his birthday. Two years later, we decided to do it again. Mom, Dad, Aho and I, and of course, our little man, flew up for a five day trip.
After almost a year of not having a functioning temple on Oahu, I was SO happy to get to visit the one in Las Vegas. It was the first time I've ever been into a temple other than Laie, and it was so wonderful. Lucky thing we had the best baby sitters to keep our little man busy while we were there. Thanks mom & dad!!


We also got to take a drive up to Mt. Charleston so that I could see the snow. I really wanted to let Ola play in it, but he knocked out in the car and took the longest nap ever. I just couldn't wake him. So Aho and I just took pictures by ourselves and laughed the whole time cause we were trying to figure out how we should stand if we wanted to photo shop Ola in later. We're such dorks!
Ola wasn't really thrilled by Vegas, until he discovered the escalators. After that, it was up and down and up and down. This was while we were waiting in line for the buffet. Aho and I took turns taking him up and down.


And of course, my Uncle Paul had a blast with our little man. This is him swinging Ola in Mom's insulated tote. SO hilarious! Ola kept asking for more. Uncle P also showed him how to bounce on the bed (still in that bag) and how to turn his stroller into a super charged racer. I'm not sure who had more fun.

All in all, it was nice to get away and enjoy a change of scenery, but we were all happy to be home.

2 comments:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

what a fun trip! let us know the next time you'll be in vegas so we can meet up.
was that the first time you saw snow too?

Laurabee said...

AWWW!! We did a session @ the Vegas temple when we went up in...20-blah. Really beautiful!! Love the bag pic!!!