background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Almost perfect Valentine's

I've never really been big on Valentine's Day. I'm not one of those bitter women...I just never really got into it. But...I love how Aho and I do Valentine's. We don't do much, if anything, it's usually just whatever. This year was particularly funny because of our creativity (and last minute) gifts. My gift to Aho...loves donuts. I always tell him they're too expensive and we don't need them. So I splurged...$5.60 on his donuts. He knows that I love Liliha jelly. But trecking all the way over there for a tiny little container of jelly gets old. Luckily, my sister-in-law called the other day with the all important news that they are now selling their jelly in bottles. So, Aho went down and picked up a bottle for my V Day present...a splurge of $4.99. I love that our gifts, together, cost less than $11, but that they are totally perfect.

The day got better when we realized that our little monster is now becoming more mobile. While he's not up on his hands and knees (except to rock back and forth), as of V Day, Ola is now "tummy" crawling. It's so funny! But he is really getting all over the place now. He was so happy when he crawled over and got his teething ring all on his own.
And to get even better, I spent V night at the BEST concert I will ever go to in my entire life. Well, almost. I LOVE Boys II Men. And last night, they put on an amazing show. I was lucky enough to get to go with Lohi since both of our hubbys had to work. And that was the only reason it wasn't the best concert ever. The entire audience was filled with couples, the atmosphere was romantic, and Lohi and I were solo. And when they sang one of their love songs twice, for all the couples on the special occasion, it was really pretty depressing.
We both agreed that we're definately going the next time they come, but we're going with our husbands. Thanks for the date though Lohi. It was unforgettable!

No comments: