background

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day

Wednesday, after coming in from Maui, Ola and I flew home to Kauai for the Thanksgiving weekend. In my whole life, I've only spent two Thanksgivings away from home. The first year we were married we stayed on Oahu and I cooked, and last year, my whole family went to Vegas. So spending Thanksgiving at home this year was nice. My mom always cooks way too much food and I spend the whole weekend trying to eat it all.
But this year was extra special because there were four generations of my family there. My grandpa insisted we take pictures to document the big event. I laughed at the Oreo effect we created. Me and my poor white kid.


Ola was extra happy to be home because it ment getting his favorite toy back. Last time we were home my mom gave him his first Christmas present (yes, it was October). But he totally loved his baby einstein play gym. His favorite part is a star that hangs in the middle and lights up and plays music. Well, three weeks after we brought it home, the music was mostly static. I was so sad when the costco here said they were all out. But my mom picked one up on Kauai and when we got home it was waiting for Ola. We was so happy to be reunited with his friend. He couldn't stop staring and talking to his star.
Since Aho flew down on Thursday, he wanted to check out the stores on Kauai on friday. We were supposed to be shopping for Christmas presents, but Aho couldn't resist getting Ola a new friend. We sat this new bear up in front of him in his car seat and he talked to him the whole rest of the day. I think maybe he needs more attention.

Then Saturday, we went to my Aunty and Uncle's house in Kekaha for dinner and I got to see my friends son, Kiyoshi, who will soon be Ola's surf buddy on Kauai. Ola's papa (my dad) and Kiyoshi's papa (my uncle Dellick) surf together every morning. And they can't wait till these two monsters are ready to go surfing with them. These two have no choice but to be best buds. Yosh is 13 months older than Ola, but is HUGE. He went to take a bath while we were eating and came out sporting his new pjs. SUPER MAN!!!

But I think the funniest picture I caught while I was at home was of our rottie Puna. She has a very good nose, which is apparently good for more than just finding food. She now uses it to let us know when Ola needs to be changed. My mom had to help a little, because as scary as she may took to some people, this 120lb. dog was terrified of my son's two little feet.

No comments: