background

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Busy Weekend

This weekend has been rough. Aho and I have been so increadibly busy. Friday I was running around all day and getting ready for our ward's Halloween activity. Aho barely slept because he didn't want to miss baby's first Halloween.

Saturday, my parents flew in from Kauai and agreed to watch Ola so Aho and I could go out to the temple
(Thank you Papa and Tutu for helping out so much this weekend). It was the first time that I left baby for more than 20 minutes. Up to this point, I've only left him at home with Aho to run out and get food or run to the bank. This was definately a test of my strength. I left the house at 9 to pick Aho up from work, and we didn't get back home until after 3. My parents were loving it. I, on the other hand, couldn't wait to get back to my little monster. It felt like forever. I guess I'm not as tough as I always thought. When my parents finally brought him home, I just wanted to hold him and hug him and kiss him. Being away from him for those SIX hours made me ever so grateful for eternal families. I am so happy that he is sealed to us and that he's mine forever.

And then this afternoon, we finally had Ola's baby blessing. He'll be three months tomorrow, so he's a little bigger than the average, but he was a total trooper. It was the first time he stayed awake during church, but he didn't fuss at all. And even though Aho was SUPER nervous, and only had 2 1/2 hours of sleep (and lack of, for the past 3 days), he gave a BEAUTIFUL blessing. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who is a worthy priesthood holder and capable of blessing our family. Hunny, you did a GREAT JOB!!! Thank you every one who came, and especially those who participated in the blessing.


Now that all the craziness is over, maybe we can get back to a normal life. =)


Momy, Daddy, and Ola


Papa, Tutu, Mommy, Daddy, and the star of the show...Ola!

3 comments:

Chris and Channy said...

I'm sorry I didn't make it out to baby's blessing! I planned to come but I woke up Sunday morning with a booming headache which caused me to be super nauseated. By the time our ward was over at noon, I just needed to lay down and rest (Tylenol did NOTHING for me). Anyway, I know it was a beautiful occasion for you all. Your son is perfect and I can see that he is such a blessing in your lives. I can also see how happy you are, which makes me happy too. :)

P.S. I gave baby's gift to Lohi, so I hope you can get it from her sometime.

Laurabee said...

It was a beautiful blessing!! Couldn't even tell he was nervous... baby at least. :) I'm glad I made it!!!

Cam and Lohi said...

im so glad that we made it. we were lucky that the hawaiian air reservation lady changed it without a fee. it was a "one time courtisy" thing. well, we would have paid if we had to though. we love you guys so much and wouldn't have missed it for the world. aho, you did a great job. no sweat for next time, huh?!