background

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Caught...black handed?

Usually, in the mornings, Ola is awake before I'm quite ready. I put the gate up before we go to bed so that he can't get past the two bedrooms, and for the most part, there's nothing in the two rooms that he can't touch. Or, so I thought. Friday morning he was unusually quiet, and I figured he was just playing with his toys. I should have known better, because the last time this happened, he was ripping apart my scriptures. I checked on him and he looked fine...but that was without my glasses on. So I rolled over, put on my glasses, and took a second look. And that's when I saw it...Somehow, my little monster had gotten into my closet, then into my craft box, and then into my black stampin' up ink pad. After a quick inspection, I noticed that his two little hands were covered, and there were a few spots on his tummy and legs. Luckily, he hadn't gotten it on his face or in his mouth. (And luckily, it's non-toxic. Believe me, I checked.)
Upon further inspection, I found a few spots on the floor where he had obviously dropped the ink pad, ink side down; bluish-black smudges all over a large plastic container near the closet; and worst of all, yet somehow cutest of all, tiny bluish-black hand prints on my beautiful, fairly new, white sheets.

I had to laugh. Then, I had to grab my camera. After that, there was a lot of scrubbing. Wipes. Soap and water. And then, we just went and took a bath. About an hour later, it looked like blue ink instead of black and was a little less obvious. And by the end of the day, it was pretty much all rubbed off, with just a little bit left under his fingernails. Now if only I could get it off my sheets.

1 comment:

Chris and Channy said...

Oh my goodness. What a little cutie. It's just one of those things that comes with being a mommy. :) If you haven't already gotten the ink out of your sheets, you might want to try Spray 'n Wash and then scrub them in Oxi Clean with warm water. That seems to do the trick for all of our big stains.