background

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Party, party, party!

On August 15th, we had Ola's 1st birthday luau. Because of his love of animals, I chose a safari animal theme, complete with elephants, lions, giraffes, monkeys, and hippos. After all the planning and work, about 4 straight months of party stuff, I was really happy when everything worked out well. We had a bouncer and balloon animals for this kids, good entertainment, cute decorations, and great Hawaiian food. But best of all, we had lots of family and friends to help us celebrate. Sadly, my poor Ola boy had only had one very short nap that day, so he was not quite in his normal happy mood. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait for the next birthday. =)

The beautiful banner, thanks to the help of Uncle Cameron, Aunty Lohi, and the wonderful Cricut!
My paper mache elephant card box. Not exactly what I had planned on, but not bad.
Our wonderful balloon twisters. Ola got a giraffe to go with his theme, but I didn't catch a picture.
Our 'ono Hawaiian food courtesy of Laverns. Rice, poi, laulua, kalua pig, chicken long rice, squid luau, lomi salmon, pineapple, sweet potatoe, and haupia. Oh, and the Ing/Tuitele chocolate cakes. Yum!!!
Me and my boy...both very tired. Happy Birthday Ola Boy! Mommy loves you!

2 comments:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

What a super cute party! Food looks yummy and I love your outfits... Manu? Cool

M & S said...

Looks like a great party! Good job Gabs, all your hard work paid off.