background

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Toddler Bed

Aho and I have been talking about the lack of space we have in our house. So we thought that, since Ola hasn't slept in his crib for a while, we'd take it down. On Thursday, I started cleaning his room, preparing to take his crib apart, when I realized that I had stored the half rail for the toddler bed conversion under his crib. Hmmm...I wonder if he'd like to try this. So, instead of breaking the crib down, I converted it into the toddler bed. This was a little difficult, considering that once I took the front panel off, Ola thought it was his new playground and kept climbing in and out. It's a little hard to drop the frame down to the lowest point when you have a little boy walking around on top of it. I eventually got everything set up, and sat back laughing while Ola climbed in and out of his "big boy bed". He seemed to really like it, so we've been putting him to sleep in there. We hoped that maybe since he liked his bed, he'd sleep in it longer. So far, no luck. But, it has only been a few days, so I guess I can still hope. Although, last night, I woke up to find him standing by my bed. I guess it's easy to get out of or off of than a crib or a full mattress.

No comments: