background

Monday, March 2, 2009

soundproofing

This past week has been...exhausting. My happy, silly baby has disappeared. Yes, my Ola has turned into a screaming opihi. It got so bad this past Saturday that I took him to see the doctor, sure that something had to be wrong. They checked him all out...nothing. He is terribly fussy all day long, unless I'm holding him. And at night, there is almost no sleeping being done. Last night, he woke up five times between 8pm and 2am, each time fighting me as I tried to put him back to sleep. Then, when he woke up at 2, he didn't go back to sleep until 4:20. And, he was up again at 6. So, we are trying out our last resort. Yes, we're attempting the dreaded "cry yourself to sleep" technique. I am so not happy about doing this, but I have tried everything and lost hold of the end of my rope a while ago. However, I do want to be considerate of my neighbors, who mentioned today that they hear him cry all the time now. So, Aho and I sealed our windows with Ola's thick baby comforters and good old duct tape. And then,
we cut a piece of an old rug to fit over his window and used a staple gun to make sure it stuck. I had to post the pictures, because as frustrated and delirious as I am, I thought it was so funny. Hopefully, our soundproofing technique will keep the neighbors from calling cps. And hopefully, it will only take a few painful nights until Ola can sleep longer than 1 hour. I told Aho that if he keeps this up, there's a good chance Ola will be an only child.

1 comment:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

Gabby-I do the same for our windows-but cuz it's FREEZING here in the winter. :) Good luck. Perhaps he's getting his molars? Or other painful teeth? As for the 'only child' thing-I doubt it. Soon he'll get over it and you'll forget all about it. :)