background

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All Boy!!

So, yesterday, Ola, Aho, and I headed to the doctor's office for Ola's 9 month check-up. I was all excited to see how BIG our boy has gotten. Well, turns out he's not so big after all. In fact, he has dropped to the 25th percentile in not only height (he's been short since the day he was born), but now also for weight. He was a measly 18 lbs. 14 oz. Oh well, I guess I just have to keep feeding him. But our pediatrician cracked me up...as always. He was trying to get all the things he needed from Ola, like checking his ears and his lungs and what not, and all Ola wanted to do was go to him. He kept leaning forward until the doc finally finished and took him. He was laughing saying that he'll go to anybody and he's so relaxed.
And then he said..."Wow...he is ALL boy. There is nothing feminine with this one. He is just boy all over. He's gonna be the kind boy that jumps in the water without thinking and then once he's in there thinks...oh crap, I don't know how to swim." I laughed, probably because I've seen him dive off the bed without thinking and know that that is exactly what he'll be doing for quite a while. Yes, my boy is ALL boy. He climbs on everything, lunges off everything, and takes it all to the extreme. Even a car seat can be dangerous when he's around.

And in celebration of our little boy, my mom got us some mochi and Boy's Day decorations. We only have one little man in our house, but tutu got us EIGHT fish. Like everything else...Ola just wanted to see what the fish tasted like before we hung them up. Happy Boy's Day!!

1 comment:

Laurabee said...

It's very comforting to know your boy is all boy...me...not so much. Ender is not a boy-boy. *sigh* He's not risk taking, or carefree AT ALL!!! Maybe the next one has to show him how it's done. lol. cute fish!!!