background

Sunday, May 3, 2009

another busy weekend

Ola and I had quite a busy weekend (which of coarse, is a stretch for us). Friday night my mom flew up and spent the night. She just came home from another work trip, that one to Boston, and brought Ola more things. I say more, because before she left Boston she mailed us a box full of things so she wouldn't have to pack them. But, she packed two toys for him, a duck and a lobster, that she had to bring with her this weekend. The duck quacks. And since Ola absolutely LOVES animal noises, he thought it was great. I guess it didn't taste too bad either. (I promise...I do feed this kid)

Saturday, my friend's fabulous son invited us to his birthday party. So we spent the day hanging out at their house and swimming in their pool. The water was freezing! At least at first. I think it took me almost 20 minutes to actually get in the water up to my waist. Ola...LOVED it! He was having a blast. A lot of the other kids were shivering and getting out of the water, but when we got out, my fully insulated fatso wasn't cold at all. I guess fat can be good. Then, this evening, we headed over to my brother-in-law's house to celebrate our nephew's birthday. I haven't seen them since Christmas and their kids are just shooting up. Ola was asleep when we got there but woke up just long enough to play with his cousins. They were loving it, he was loving it...it really was precious.
And the biggest news of our weekend...Ola hit his 9 month mark today. I honestly can't believe he's already 9 months old. And he'll be 1 year in just 3 more months. Where did all that time go? I am excited though, because tomorrow we have his check-up and I'll get to see how much he's grown. I've been slacking on taking his monthly pictures in the same outfit, but I did snap a few when we got home from church, while he was playing around. I love the fold over the diaper. Now that's my kid!!

1 comment:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

How fun! Gotta get a lobster while in Boston-whether it's for fun or for eating. And the duck... Did she go on the Duck Tour?
He's getting so big-way cute!