background

Friday, April 24, 2009

Hanauma Bay

This past Monday we stepped out of our box and actually did something exciting. Since Aho was off, as was our dear friend Cameron, our two families decided to head down to Hanauma Bay. I haven't been there since I was a little kid. In fact, I still remember when you were allowed to feed the fish frozen peas (as opposed to now when you have to watch a 10 minute video about not feeding the fish and looking, but not touching). My poor deprived husband, on the other hand, has NEVER been there. Funny, since he was born and raised on Oahu but I grew up on Kauai.
I did, however, forget have beautiful it is. It was weird swimming around and having fish come right up to you. And following a turtle around for about 20 minutes isn't a usual occurance for me either. It was nice to be able to take advantage of what Hawaii has to offer. Sometimes, I forget how lucky we are. Thanks again to Cam, Lohi, and Na'u for such a fun day (and for coming prepared, unlike us, and sharing your things).

It was a little crowded, but totally worth it.

Ola hanging out before we headed into the water. He wasn't too fond of it since it was so cold, so he was opihi the whole time.

The dads took the first snorkeling shift while the moms stayed on the beach and fed the babies. Then, when they were done, we switched. Lohi and I were in the water for about half an hour. When we came back, we found this...
As I was approaching, there was a couple in front of me walking past them. The guy was just giggling and pointing and the girl said how cute they looked (I'm sure she meant the babies). When Cam woke up, he said he had heard one of the lifeguards say to another, "Ho, thats pretty krypt. Check out those guys with their kids." I guess they all had a hard day.

2 comments:

Cam and Lohi said...

We were in there for only 1/2 hour...they couldn't stay awake for 1/2 hour? sad. so...what are we doing next?

Sherene said...

I love the fathers/babies sleeping photo! So cute, all of them. WIsh we could have joined you for a fun day at the beach. ;)