background

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

10 Months

So, today, Ola is 10 months old. I realized it this morning while he was eating breakfast with his daddy. Aho and I are still trying to figure out what happened to our baby. How in the world have 10 months passed so quickly?

Aho was telling me that I need to make sure I write down things that he does so that when he's older we'll remember and we can share those memories with him. So, for the record, it's official...Ola is walking. He's been walking around the house, with the help of furniture, for about 2 or 3 months now. But, he's finally letting go. He gets such a big smile on his face when he stands up with no support and takes his many slow steps to his destination. Of coarse, we cheer and applaud, and his smile just gets bigger. Tonight, he was playing in the living room while I was finishing dinner, and the power shut off. It wasn't quite dark yet, but he still got scared by the difference, and took off towards me faster than I've ever seen him move. He moved so fast, he fell over. I guess walking and balance are two very different skills.

We've also noticed that he gets SUPER excited when mommy or daddy join him under the kitchen table. He loves to play around, walking around all the table and chair legs like a maze. If one of us gets down under the table to join him, he gets so excited and can't stop smiling and giggling. Who needs toys when you have a kitchen table and chairs?

And, on top of all his growing up, he no longer wants baby food. He wants real food. If we're eating it, he wants it. Instead of giving him strait fruit in the mornings, I've had to turn everything into pancakes. So far, in the past week, we've had sweet potato pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and just this morning, banana pancakes. I think Aho is pancaked out. But Ola just loves being a big boy and eating what we're eating. I just don't think that mommy is ready for all this yet.

1 comment:

Cam and Lohi said...

Just seems like yesterday where we threw you a shower and then you giving birth the day after. Ola did grow up really fast. I think its almost time for a brother...or sister :).