background

Monday, June 8, 2009

Cheap thrills...

I LOVE it when the UPS man shows up at my house. It's always so much fun getting something in the mail that you were, or weren't, expecting. But today, I was SUPER thrilled when he knocked at my door, because...he had my camera! Yes, the wonderful people at the cannon repair center fixed my baby free of charge and sent it back to me today. And it was just in time to capture all of our cheap thrills of the day...


We have always had problems finding shoes to fit Ola. We have quite a few pairs, but they're all either too small, or too big. But now that he's walking, and wanting to be Mr. independent all the time, we figured we better find some shoes that fit NOW. So, on a trip to Target today, I picked up a pair of tiny crocs. They were only $9, which is actually less than half the price of some of the slippers he was given (but never fit). We walked around outside for a little while, but he's not quite used to having things on his feet yet. He did, however, enjoy examining his new shoes. While I was cleaning up after dinner, Ola joined me in the kitchen. For some reason, he LOVES the refrigerator. Maybe he knows that that's where all the food is. Once he hears the door open, he books it as fast as he can, from where ever he is, to get there. Normally, I try to close it before he gets into trouble, but tonight I figured I'd let him play for a bit. A couple extra bucks for electricity, but he was entertained, and it did cool down the kitchen. ;)

But, as many parents know, the cheapest toy you can get your kids is the box the toy came in. Or in this case, the box the diapers came in. We went to target to grab diapers since they were SOOO cheap. And when we got home, Ola and Aho played with the box. Gotta love cheap thrills...


No comments: