background

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New loves...


For Christmas, Ola received an Elmo hand puppet from one of Aho's friends at work. Inside the head, there's a button that, when pressed, makes Elmo speak. I've used it a couple times to keep him distracted, and I know Aho and my mom have both played with it as well, but I didn't realize just how much he liked his Elmo. Last week, in an attempt to keep him busy, I asked him to go get his Elmo from his toy bin. To my surprise, he walked over, moved a couple things, and pulled out his Elmo. I believe I asked him, "How in the world do you know who Elmo is?" This week, I've noticed that he carries Elmo around with him throughout the day. In fact, just the other day, I held up two toys (one being Elmo), and asked which Ola who he wanted to take with him in the car. The other toy didn't stand a chance.


Since my parents were visitng this week, they decided they wanted to shop for Ola's birthday presents. They still have a month, but apparently, they couldn't wait. They came back from Toys R Us with a new ka'a, and Ola couldn't wait to play with it. It plays music and has animals that spin around, and he just loves pushing his new toy around the house. When he's lucky, Daddy puts him on and takes him for a ride around the house.

No comments: