background

Monday, June 1, 2009

Who needs the water park??

For my birthday, Aho got me a new camera. He is wonderful, and thoughtful, and got me a great digital camera that anyone would be thrilled with. I, however, am spoiled. I LOVED my cannon powershot! And, like a spoiled brat, have hardly been using my new camera. In fact, I just sent my cannon into the shop to be fixed, and will probably be returning the new one Aho got (which, just in case you're thinking I'm horrible, is just fine with him). But, in the meantime, we did use it to take some pictures of things we've been doing, and I'm finally uploading them.
A few weeks ago, while Aho was off, we decided to take Ola to the water park. He likes to play in water, and we thought it would be fun, and different than the beach. We had a pepsi can that made it a two for one deal, so it wasn't as expensive as normal, but still $40. Our park has two kiddie sections for kids, so we hung out there. There were tons of kids running back and forth and Ola didn't quite know what to do with all the excitement.
We did get to take him down one of the slides in the kid section. It didn't really phase him though. He just chewed on his thumb the whole way down. I loved it though, since neither Aho or I wanted to ride the real rides by ourselves (next time we need to take a baby sitter with us). In fact, he didn't seem all too thrilled by anything (except maybe the birds that were walking around near the picnic tables).
When we were all done, we headed out the the truck to go home. I put the tailgate down and changed Ola and then let him climb around in the truck until we were all ready. Apparently, we shouldn't have spent the $40 to go the water park. We should've just put the kid in the back of the truck at home. Oh well. At least he had fun. Even if it was in the parking lot of the water park. You gotta love a kid who's easy to entertain.

2 comments:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

What a cute little smile!

Unknown said...

how fun! i live so close...u could've called me to babysit so u guys could go ride! :) *jo*