background

Monday, June 22, 2009

What he's been up to...

Lately, I have been terrible about blogging. I haven't been so great at taking pictures either. So tonight, I thought I'd post up some of the latest moments from the life of our little man.

Recently, we have discovered that Ola LOVES fresh blueberries. Normally, I put them into pancakes or muffins and smoosh them a little before he eats them, but we've recently started giving them to him just regular. And, he can't get enough. Once he notices that you have them, he will ignore all other food items until all the blueberries are gone. This has made for blue hands, a blue face, and yes, a blue butt.
Ola has also been using his talents of walking and climbing to reach new things. Now, he can get pretty much anywhere he wants to, and very quickly. This includes getting onto the couch, and making himself comfortable, so he can play with the cord for the blinds.
We have also caught him in another hilarious position that gives a clue to one of his 10 ethnicities. Yes, my 10 month old is a pro at the Filipino squat. I guess we can't hide the Badua in him.
And last, but not least, our little man has moved onto his own full sized mattress. We noticed that he slept better when either Aho or I slept with him, so Aho suggested we try co-sleeping for a while. It was something we had tried to avoid, but as my hilarious husband put it, "I don't care if he sleeps with us till he's five, as long as he sleeps" (as opposed to his norm of waking up 3-5 times a night). After a few nights of him hogging most of our Cal King, I realized that, maybe, he's just a roller and needs more space than the two feet in his crib. So, we put the mattress in his room on the floor, and he now has it all to himself. Yesterday, I put him down for his nap in the corner against the wall, giving him space to roll. And roll he did...all the way the the opposite corner, right to the edge. Don't worry, he didn't fall off. (And in case you're wondering, this still hasn't fixed his sleeping problems. I guess space is not the answer.)

4 comments:

Sherene said...

He is an ADORABLE! I love how much his personality shines through, too cute!

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

oh my! noooo... don't give in to co-sleeping! trust, you'll regret it when he gets bigger... they don't stay cuddly and little forever. and when you're ready for a new baby-you'll regret it even more. :) i know because we made that mistake and now we deal with a 'fit' each night because we're trying to transition him again to sleeping on his own.
blueberries-yum! that sounds good. :)

Chris and Channy said...

I've never seen blue doo-doo before. LOL! Too cute. I LOVE fresh blueberries and ate them all the time when I was preggers with Sina, but my kids don't care for them. Maybe one day they'll develop a taste for them like Ola. He's grown so much since the last time I saw him. Pretty soon we'll see him again though. :)

pasukankumislele said...

nice blog..
it's really nice..
your baby is so cute


please visit me back
http://dsoularts.blogspot.com/
and
http://pasukankumislele.blogspot.com/