background

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Busy Day

Today, Waiola and I were busy, busy, busy. I knew we had a lot to do, so I pawned the kid off to Daddy as soon as he came downstairs. I laughed so hard when I stepped out of the kitchen and caught this...Waiola and his Daddy watching t.v. together. Aho turned the t.v. to the kids channel and propped Waiola up to see how he would react. He was a little too interested, and Daddy had to turn the t.v. off.

Normally, I'm not a breakfast person. Waiola gets up around 6 to eat, and then we play for a couple hours, and then we usually take a nap around 8 or 9. I usually eat a banana or toast or something, and then eat an actual meal when we wake up later. But after today, I'm starting to see the beauty of breakfast. We got together at Nedra's house for a full blown breakfast buffet. There were belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, rice, eggs, bacon, little smokies, portuguese sausage, spam, fruit, muffins, bisquits with honey, pigs-in-a-blanket...and to be honest, with all that, I'm pretty sure I still forgot something. I haven't eaten so much before 11 am in a long time. I sat at the table so that I wouldn't have to move far each time I added something else to my plate. It was awesome! And of coarse, the company was too. Although, I think the adults were outnumbered by the kids. =) Waiola fell asleep right before we got there, but when he did wake up, his aunties stole him away. Eventually, Aunty Jen put him back to sleep...and then he returned the favor.
After breakfast, we ran to get Daddy food, and then went to help my brother move his new bed. I didn't get any pictures, but then again, mattresses really aren't all that exciting.

When we got home, we got a delivery from the UPS guy. Tutu ordered Waiola two Halloween costumes, and they came in today. But...when we opened the box...they seemed a little big. (They're 6-12 mo.)
The police man outfit is a little better, but we couldn't get over the bear costume.
Thanks Tutu! We love you!

But the best thing about today, by far, was that I felt totally loved by my little monster (Not that I don't know Waiola loves me). I went to take out the trash while Aho watched him, and once I was out the door, the little man who had been watching me leave started to fuss. Then later, while I was finishing dinner, he was being fussy for Aho, so I went over and took him. After 30 seconds on my shoulder, he was sound asleep. I guess it's those little things that really make you feel special. When I was at home last week, my dad commented that Waiola knew who his mommy was and what I felt like. And to be honest, I didn't think he was there yet. But now I know he is, and it really makes me feel special that he knows I'm his mommy. He is such an amazing blessing.

4 comments:

Cam and Lohi said...

ola totally looks like a big boy all proped up and all. his costumes r c-u-t-e! mommy...you better get to feeding this boy cause you have 16 days to get him nice and plump for those costumes :).

Laurabee said...

So when's the next breakfast meeting? I totally agree that you can get him to fit those costumes too!! I'm rooting for you!!!

Chris and Channy said...

soooooo cute the costumes. i favor the police one. maybe you can just hem the bottom. what do you think? and roll up the sleeves? i dunno. i just desperately want to see ola in it. lol. he'd be the best looking cop in honolulu. :)

Chris and Channy said...

oh, sorry, is cop not a nice thing to call policemen? i remember hearing that somewhere. i meant to say that ola would be the best looking POLICEMAN in honolulu!!! :D