background

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jogging

I had great plans for today. I was so excited beacause I've wanted to go to the beach all week but was busy with other things. So today, I was determined to go. I got ready, packed our towels and extra things for Waiola and I was ready! But...plans don't always work out. Aho suggested that I should go and buy us a beach umbrella and other things we might need for future beach excursions (instead of just trying my luck at getting one of the resort umbrellas at Ko Olina). So, I decided to stop by Walmart and pick one up. But our Walmart said they were all out. So, I went to K-Mart. K-Mart was all out. So I checked sports authority. No beach umbrellas. Sams...not right now. Costco...not anymore. Walmart in Mililani...I think there might be some back in that corner...maybe in athletics...no...sorry, we must be all out.
I don't understand why no one has beach umbrellas. I don't care if it's winter everywhere else...it's summer here all year long. Anyway, after going to all those places...I was too tired to go to the beach. In all my searching, I did get Ola some new sunscreen and a floaty thing with a shade cover. I'm hoping that we put them to use tomorrow.
The day wasn't a total bust though. I really wanted to start jogging again but couldn't find an afordable jogging stroller anywhere here, and shipping in is so expensive. I tried using my regular stroller yesterday, but it got a little wobbly once I started running. Luckily, while I was wondering around K-Mart today, I found a decent jogging stroller for under $100. It's a jeep, which Na'u seems to approve of, so I'm sure Ola will love it. I put it together when we got home, with a few adjustments (the infant inserts from Ola's car seat) since the space seemed a little big. Waiola did great, and I'm glad to say...I am now back into jogging. Well...walking/jogging.


First time in the stroller~A view from the top during the ride~Asleep by the end

3 comments:

pomai♥stephen said...

yay for running! we should go together when i get home:) can't wait to finally meet him!

Chris and Channy said...

oh gabby, you are so good. i'm not even thinking about jogging. i'm not a big fan of running or doing anything rigorous. lol. it's called being lazy. :D maybe one day i'll get my act together. thanks for the inspiration to one day get out and exercise!

Cam and Lohi said...

Okay...first of all, just ask us, cause you know we have a FULL garage of JUNK! So, we could have easily given you a beach umbrella. In fact, we just bought a huge one from Sam's a few months ago. We even have a sand anchor for the umbrella. Both of those items...brand new, never been opened!! And, you could have used our baby stroller, being that we hardly use ours anymore. What's ours is yours!